Saturday 9 March 2013

Alex And Mark,

called round during the day to ask if I was better,


 I must have been as Diana cooked me a full English breakfast to start the day, later we were off to the market,

 to buy some limes for the evening,

 I always take a few with us in case the bar at the weekend night market does not have any, then quick as a flash here we were, the sky looking towards Jomtien,

 and looking inland, a few clouds in the distance,

 opposite the bar this evening a stall selling clothes and one offering a facial string treatment,

 quiet a few shoppers in the food aisles,

 lots of strawberries for sale today,

 these look kind of neat, plastic cut and folded into the shape of a fruit, I am pretty sure there is a light bulb inside of them so they are in fact lights,

 not so many people in the pet section this evening,

 sunset looking towards Jomtien,

 walking past one of the fruit stalls I noticed one of my favourite fruits,

Marian plums or map-rang as I believe they are known locally, they are in season March to May, I have to say I find this small cousin of the mango delicious, but there are two main types, one sweet, just as I like them and one sour used for cooking, I nearly bought some till I saw that they were 250 baht a kilo, so I will wait till next week when hopefully they will be a little cheaper 

 just a couple of customers at the bar this evening,

 I mentioned the face place opposite the bar earlier, this is it, what happens is that a piece of string is pulled across your face to remove I guess facial hair, I asked Diana if she wanted to try it but she declined, as Mr. Tony quoted from Mousehunt, 'A world without string is chaos',

 the sun now down looking inland,

 there was by now quiet a crowd of us, Mr. Tony, myself, Brian and fresh in from the USA Russ,

 we left the market and decided to have a bite to eat,

 and where did we chose?

 the Punch & Judy,

 there were a few specials like this one,

Diana decided on the Welsh rarebit,

fish & chips for Mr. Tony,

bangers and mash for Russ,

whilst I decided on the lamb chops,

'Cheers!', from all of us,

naturally we all had lots to catch up on,

then it was time for desserts,

and what better than a banoffee pie? next stop back home for a nightcap, then after saying our goodbyes we were off to bed.

No comments: