Tuesday 26 March 2013

I Missed It!

with Diana's birthday a few months away this would have been a nice present,


a solid gold ring which Napoleon gave to his first wife Josephine, it went under the hammer at Osenat’s in central Paris yesterday and was bought by a mystery businessman, the 18th Century ring contains two pear-shaped stones, a blue sapphire and a diamond each gem weights one carat, the auction was held in honour of the 250th anniversary of the birth of Joséphine de Beauharnais, who become the Empress of France after marrying Napoleon Bonaparte,


the estimate for the ring was £13,000, so I guess that as it went for nearly 50 times its list price I might have at some stage dropped out, I do not normally walk around with £660,000 in my back pocket, the price the ring finally went for!

No comments: