Wednesday 17 April 2013

During The Day,

Mark called round,


he had very kindly bought me a voice recognition program, knowing that I am hopeless when it come so typing and spelling he thought this might help when I type the blog every mornoing, well I am sure it will, so we spent the afternoon installing it, evidently you have to train the program to get the best results out of it, the problem is as much as I was looking forward to start using it this morning the rain is crashing down outside, which I guess would mean that the program would hear that as well, so training will start tomorrow, if the rain has stopped,

 so on to the evening,

glad rags on and we were out, we first called in at one of our regular night out restaurants but it was closed as it was Songkran, so we decided to make a move to the Jomtien Complex where there are three restaurants that we have been to before a long time ago in the hope that one would be open, but we were in for a bit of a shock, outside all of the entrances to the complex there were huge signs saying it was 500 baht to park there,


but we need not have worried, one restaurant was closed due to the Songkran celebrations, the other two were closed permanently with the shutters down and To Rent signs on them, I wonder if potential customers like us saw the 500 baht parking charge and just drove on, it makes you wonder if those signs had anything to do with them closing?

 but then a real stroke of luck, Mr. Tony spotted Natan's on the road that runs to Jomtien beach, 

 the whole restaurant was nicely laid out,

 with nice lighting,

 and tables,

Diana looking as lovely as ever,


 I ordered a carafe of wine and was intrigued when it arrived,

 it had a hole in the side of it for a piece of ice to keep the wine cool,

 what a neat idea,

 a complimentary dip arrived first,

 along with our drinks,

 'Cheers!',

 from all of us,

 Mr. Tony and Diana both ordered a spaghetti carbonara each,

 whilst I went for one of the daily specials on the chalkboard, avocado prawns,

  for our second starter Mr. Tony,

and myself went for the mussels in a white wine sauce,

 which we both declared delicious,

after a long break our main courses arrived,

 steaks all round,

 there was a selection of sauces,

 but I preferred not to have one,

 and away we go,

 but I had to have a top up first,

 the steak cooked just as I like it,

 then it came to the desserts,

 both Mr. Tony and myself were full to bursting,

 but Diana was not!

 a neat serving spoon, it arrived on the edge of the dessert dish,

what a great find by Mr. Tony, I am sure we will be back in a few weeks time as I know we all enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere, we then made a move back home for a night cap and to watch a couple of shows on television, then after saying our goodbyes to Mr. Tony we were off to bed.

No comments: