Wednesday 24 April 2013

Mark Called First Thing This Morning,

so we decided to meet up for breakfast,



on on Pratumnak Hill between Soi 5 and Soi 6, the breakfast there is a very reasonable 110 baht for the small English breakfast,

after our meal was over I drove past the new market in Thepprasit Road,

stopping to look at progress on the Colosseum next door,

as we are going fishing later in the week I also stopped to pick up some bait at the fishing tackle shop,

my next port of call was in the HomeWorks complex,

walking past the many garden ornaments,

this was where I was headed, the Office Mate supply store, I wanted to buy a few new folders for my stamp collection as the ones I have were getting rather full,

on the way out heading towards Pattaya Tai,

I could not help but notice this leaning telephone cable concrete post,

I guess this all makes sense to the technicians that wired this post but it all looks far too complicated for me!

in the afternoon Phil called over for a coffee or two, then after he left it was glad rags on as we were out, 
with Mr Tony and Booie to the Café des Amis,

the restaurant is beautifully laid out with an outdoor seating area,

and attractive water features,

the girls strike the pose in the garden area,

inside the restaurant it is spacious,

and nicely laid out,

walking pass the fully stocked bar we said hello to some of the waiters and waitresses,


 
'Cheers!', from all of us,
and one from me, and for a change from red wine tonight I started the evening with some excellent port,


we then made our way into the spacious dining area,

we were all served an amuse bouche,

 fish with a tartar sauce,

our starters then arrived,

Mr Tony went for pork belly served with American scallops,
I decided on one of the specials of the day, mussels in a white wine sauce,

by now I had switched red wine,
Booie decided on smoked salmon,
which looked delicious, every dish also a work of art,

Diana decided on cheese wrapped with Parma ham,

then it was eyes down and tuck in!

the mussels were finished in no time,
after a suitably long break our main courses started to arrive,

I chose the Wagyu beef steak that was cooked to perfection,

Diana also went with steak,

choosing the American Black Angus beef steak,

Booie went with snow fish,
whilst Mr Tony,

went for Beef Bourguignon,

we all pronounced the meal is absolutely delicious,

naturally we had to try some of the fabulous desserts,

the girls with a new dessert, tiramisu laced with Amaretto,

whilst we had a crème brûlée,

as we left we bumped into Pia and Blu the founders and owners of this restaurant, what a fabulous meal if you want to have a look at the menu have a look here for just some of the goodies the waiting to tempt you,

 
then home for a nightcap,

this is the brochure for the Café des Amis,

 I have to say we can all throughly recommend this restaurant, a real first class treat for all of us, then after saying our goodbyes to Mr. Tony and Booie we were off to bed.


No comments: