Sunday 23 June 2013

Before Going To The Hospital,

to have my dressing changed,


I called in first for some petrol, then decided to make my way along the Sumkivitt Road on my way to Pattaya Tai and then to the hospital, but on the way I had to stop to take a picture of these two electricity poles that seem to be leaning and on the point of falling over due to the weight of the cables they are supporting,


 I suppose it makes complete sense to the electrical engineers that service all the cables here, but for me I would just not know where to start,

the wound was quickly cleaned and dressed and after just a few minutes I was on my way home, but I then decided to make a detour to the Friendship supermarket and buy some more wholemeal bread and some smoked salmon,

feeling in the mood for another detour I called in to see Don, he was having great fun with his brand-new telephone, it is one of the new ones that has ultra large buttons and is designed not to confuse the elderly, I think I might put one of those on my Christmas wish list!

 arriving home to accompany my midday dose of antibiotics Diana again made a delicious spread of pumpernickel bread with mustard, smoked salmon, cucumber and tomato,

whilst in the Friendship supermarket I decided to treat Diana to a cream filled horn of plenty, it looked so nice I had to give her some help in eating it, so I had to have one, well maybe three pieces,

 in the afternoon we made our way to the market, it always amazes me how much produce is for sale here like these mushrooms,

 they looked so delicious,

 but this was what we were after, some prawns for our evenings barbecue but this evening we had a choice between these white prawns above,

 and these slightly striped ones,

 we decided on the slightly striped ones and after taking 1 kg there were not many left in the tray,

 a close up of the ones that we purchased,

 and of the ones that we normally buy,

 as we were running short of limes we bought some more, I tend to drink one or two glasses of soda water a day, Diana always puts a twist of lime into it to give it a slight flavour,

 a selection of locally grown produce,

 these ones almost looked as if they are going to burst into an attractive flower,

 last stop of the day the fresh pineapple stall,

 no sooner had we arrived home then the heavens opened up and it just poured down with rain,

 whilst taking a couple pictures of the rain,

 I noticed that we had a visitor,

 the small frog had shown up,

 I almost missed him,

 as he was just an inch or so long,

then made a move to jump up the front step,

 but it was just a step too far due to his size, so I placed him in the raised garden so that we did not step on him during the course of the evening,

 eventually the rain cleared,

 and it was on with the barbecue,

 it is strange, every week no matter where I stand the smoke always drifts into my eyes,

 but eventually the wood caught,

 and we were in business, first on the onion bonbons followed by some garlic bread, this time we used whole meal brown bread,

Diana had brought out the rest of our meal, prawn kebabs, the two steaks we purchased during the week plus one of the sausages that we also bought at Friendship that we first tried when we went to the Swiss Canadian barbecue breakfast one morning some time ago,

  the prawn kebabs joined the onion bonbon, plus Diana also put on some precooked broccoli on as it appears this is quite good for me,

 'Cheers!',

going back to the selection of the striped prawns rather than plain ones we normally eat, in all truthfulness we both decided there was not really a lot to choose from regarding the flavour, so I guess we will go with the cheaper plain and unstripped ones in the future,

 after another snack of wholemeal garlic bread, it was on with the steaks and sausage,

all of which was absolutely delicious, I should also mention that Diana had prepared some home-made coleslaw to round the meal off, we chatted the rest of the evening away then retiring indoors to watch some of the satellite television that was new for Saturday evening, by now it was getting late and after a nightcap we were both off to bed.

No comments: