Saturday 29 June 2013

First Thing And We Were On Our Way,

back to Nick and Maureen's,



 of courses stopping off at the pet hotel on the way to pick up Ta-Taa, thanking Nick & Maureen for looking after us so well when we were their guests I made my way home, as I drove away from their house I noticed this truck which I guess has got to be the ultimate way to hear music on the go,

 I mean just look at how many speakers there are in it!


 then a surprise for Diana,

 I had a couple of secrets,

 the first I had ordered a bouquet of flowers to be delivered at 10.00 am today as it is Friday and her birthday,

 and here is birthday girl, with most of her presents,

  first things first,

 some water and a vase for the flowers,

 next her choice of where she wanted to eat breakfast,

 she chose her favourite,


 so we ate over looking the sea and Beach Road,

 my diet going slightly to the wind as I ordered a big mac,

we then had a look around the shops in the Royal Garden Plaza, we both noticed one thing that linked all of the shops, every one had a sale on, beginning of season/middle of season/end of season sale, plus any that did not have one of those had a summer sale till the end of August, we nearly went on a shopping spree as we would have saved a fortune, but then decided against it,

 we were on a quest, so going down to the motor bike park I took a couple of pictures of one of the mobile bars that are around town,

 having said mobile, this one always seems to be here,

 the Volk Street Bar,

 we continued on our quest, to the shops at Wat Chai market on Pattaya Tai,

 to this shop in particular, yes you guessed it, the gold shop,

 a nice new gold ring and a pair of gold earrings later and we were home, Diana just could not wait to open her presents,

 the first one a box of hair clips,

 the second box more hair clips,

 lots of them,

 Diana said she was spoilt for choice,

only two more presents to go, the first a dress,

 then opening the next,

 another dress, OK I know buying dresses is not original, but her second surprise of the day I think was,

 it used to beak my heart seeing Diana cooking on our bar-b-que every week on the floor, so I bought her a new bar-b-que with legs,

I know what you are all thinking, I am all heart, but buying it was an adventure in itself,

the only place I could find that sold them with legs was a shop on Pattaya Tai, this is a view looking towards the Shell petrol station on the same side of the road a couple of shops away,

 there was a selection of them at the front of the shop,

 a view of some of the other merchandise on sale,


 the tricky bit was getting it on the bike,

 but there it was tied down and ready to go, but what a drive home, the thing made so much noise every time I went over the smallest bump in the road, as it was upside down the grill part of it and the bit the charcoal would rest on made the clash of cymbals in an orchestra sound quiet!

next time bring the truck! well a bar-b-que was not what I think Diana was expecting, but then she did not expect the set of ladders I bought for her birthday last year, but we are looking forward to trying it out on Saturday, Diana's birthday continues in the next post.

No comments: