Sunday 6 October 2013

As I Was Plying With My Stamps Yesterday,

today I thought I would put a few on the blog,


the first one is a bit of fun really, some time ago we mentioned that one of the most famous posters to promote travel by rail was the Jolly Fisherman of Skegness, the term 'its so bracing', is thought to have been dreamed up by an unknown member of the Railway Staff, the poster and many like it were then produced as stamps, well it just so happened that I noticed the exact stamp for sale, so for just £1.65 plus postage the stamp is in my collection,

next I was lucky enough to find these, they are stamps that were printed and given or sometimes purchased by people attending stamp or philatelic exhibitions, I have been collecting stamps issued at these exhibitions for some time but this is the first time that I have seen some from the 11th philatelic congress that took place in 1924,

even earlier and rarer is this card with what I think is a printing proof of the 4th. philatelic congress that took place in 1912,


and to make my collection of the 1929 Postal Union Congress complete this £1 postage stamp, all great fun if you are into stamps, if not this post must be so boring!


No comments: