Saturday 19 October 2013

During The Week,

Nick had a bit of a accident,


 he stubbed his little toe so badly walking or getting about was painful, so I popped over to pick him up and bring him into town as he had to renew his visa, this is the shop he and Maureen uses,

 it is aptly enough called The Visa Shop,

 it is almost on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Bukaow on the same side but opposite Subway,

 as he could not get around and Maureen does not drive we went shopping on the way back, this is in the square with KPK Foods behind me,

 the front of the shop, as we were there I bought 5 kilos of their delicious Cumberland sausages,

 next stop Foodland, I then dropped Nick off home and discovered that Maureen had very kindly made me some ham sandwiches for a late breakfast/early lunch, saying my goodbyes to them I was then off home myself,

 as I arrived home the rain had started,

 after half an hour it picked up the pace and really came down, which was annoying as the front door had almost dried out,

 but eventually the rain stopped and I made my way to the weekend market on Thepprasit Road, the first thing I saw was that the cosmetics store was again open,

 there was some cloud looking towards Pattaya,

 as well as inland,

 sadly the pet stall that has been opposite the bar that had the free range parrot has been replaced with a clothes stall,

 on the other side it appears a beauty stall is opening along with another clothes stall,

 the food aisles were busy,

 some provisions being dropped off,

 a mobile water stall for people on the stalls, the buckets hold water an ice, the seller going around at the start of the evening,

 a few customers in the pet aisle,

 as it has been cold and raining for the past few weeks there are lots of dog coats for sale,

 most stalls seemed to have them,

 sunset over the market,

 I had look around a few of the stalls as I made my way back to the bar, plenty of food on sticks,

 as well as lots of deep fried chicken,

 a few more clouds looking inland,

 this week the Teddy bears made another appearance,

 leaving the market the lure of the Friday special of fish and chips, pulled us into the Punch and Judy,

 cottage pie for Mr. Tony, fish and chips for myself,

'Cheers!', from both of us,

Mr. Tony called round and we watched a few episodes of Cheers, then after saying my farewells I decided to watch Fargo, this is a little bit I wrote about it the last time I watched it, although the titles say it is based on a true movie it is not, but two similar events depicted in the movie did take place, an urban legend even says that people have gone to search Minnesota for the briefcase of money, but what did happen was that the plot has elements of two well-known Minnesota crimes, 


in 1962, a St. Paul attorney named Eugene Thompson hired someone to kill his wife, Carol, the sloppiness and brutality of the crime attracted great attention, then in 1972, Virginia Piper, the wife of a wealthy Orono banker, was kidnapped, a million-dollar ransom was paid, one of the largest in U.S. history, Mrs. Piper was found tied to a tree in a state park, two men were convicted of the crime, but were acquitted after a re-trial, only $4,000 of the money was ever recovered, so that, supposedly is why people are still looking for the other $996,000! I watched a little more television and then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: