Tuesday 15 October 2013

First Thing I Was Out Shopping,

Phil had asked me to pick up some batteries for him,


 so off to TukCom,

 for some reason only shops that sell photographic equipment stock the particular battery that Phil was after, so where better to find camera shops than TukCom?

 the bad news was that the shop I also wanted to buy a few things from, Amon in the basement did not open till 11.00, so I took a walk along Pattaya Tai to one of the many cafes there,


on the way I noticed this sign at a money exchange, nothing much of note except the bottom line, I had always been informed that rubles were never exchanged as a currency, not that I have been looking but it appears that now exchanges do accept rubles, (I never know if it should be ruble or rouble as both are used in English, it appears there are two main usage tendencies, one is for North American authors to use ruble and other English speakers to use rouble, the other is for older sources to use rouble and more recent ones to use ruble, so who knows?),

 the Honda motorcycle shop now completed and open for business, after a coffee it was time to go back to Amon and complete my shopping,

 next stop breakfast, so along to Walking Street,

 the street looks so different in the daytime,

 and motorised traffic is allowed in the day time,

 walking under the Samsung sign,

 I made my way past the Siren beer bar complex,

 many of the bars here have individual shrines,

 and this one for where I am going,

 at the end of the walkway, the Pattaya Beer Garden,

 the view from the walkway looking past the water treatment plant along the bay towards Naklua,

 as it is still the low season plenty of speedboats for hire,

 the Ripley's balloon in the distance making an ascent,

 but sadly for them no customers so far,

 there were also not many customers at the beer garden either,

 there were plenty of seats wherever you looked, I took this picture with the lens set at normal, I decided to look at the work in progress of the building in the centre of the picture on the sky line,

 so I zoomed in, stopping roughly half way,

 then continued until I was at the cameras maximum zoom, I hope the crane driver has a head for heights!

 back to the beer garden, there is inside seating available as well,

 lots of it,


 but I seemed to have the outside seating pretty much to myself,


 I just love playing with the panorama mode,


 out in the bay,

 thrill seekers were coming,

 and going,

 then down,

 for another safe landing,

 and along comes the next adventurer,

 not quiet my cup of tea, but fun I guess for many,

 breakfast is served, chicken curry, what better way to start the day?

 in the afternoon three friends called round, Mark, Don and Mr. Tony, so we chatted the day away, after bidding Mark and Don farewell, Mr. Tony and I decided as we had not eaten to go to the Punch and Judy,

Mr. Tony decided on the lamb hot pot, I could not make up my mind what sandwich to have, so I ordered two, cheese and tomato and ham and mustard, 'Cheers!',

during the day and evening in the background we watched a couple of films, The Madness of King George which I had watched before but deserved a second or third viewing,


as indeed did The Prestige, both hugely enjoyable films, after saying goodbye to Mr. Tony I watched a few more programs on cable television, then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: