Sunday 20 October 2013

Hopefully It Has Finished Raining,

and the good news is that the flowers have been putting on a good show,


 the hibiscus seem to love the downpours,

 everyday a new crop of flowers appear,

 this yellow one is huge,

 almost 6" across,

during the day I watched some television and had a small breakfast of 100 grams of smoked ham, I was not going to eat a lot as I was going out with Mr. Tony for a meal this evening, we decided to try a new venue in the Jomtien Complex, L'Arc, 

it has both inside and outside seating,

 we decided to eat inside, the restaurant was immaculately turned out,

 with plenty of space between the dinners,

 the place settings just perfect, as was the service,

 at the far end of the restaurant there was a nicely stocked bar,

tended by a Parisienne chef/owner Christophe, 

 'Cheers!', from both of us,

 Mr. Tony chose the home made pate,

for myself the smoked salmon,

 then eyes down and tuck in,

a nice touch was the selection of oils available as dressings to go with my salmon, especially the huile de noisette, which is a virgin vegetable oil made from hazelnuts,

 I should also mention the other half of the restaurant,  Lydia, who made us feel so welcome as if we had been friends for years,

 another 'Cheers!' from us,

 and it was time to eat,

 a shank of lamb for Mr. Tony,

and I noticed an item on the menu called 'butchers choice', well I just had to ask what it was and this is the answer, all of the meat and poultry is imported from France, the restaurant's buyer goes to the markets and selects what is considered to be the best produce at the time, it is then shipped over, so Christophe and Lydia do not know what to put on the menu till it arrives, it could be rib eye, sirloin or whatever is the best  quality at the time of purchase, all I know was that it was delicious, so if you like French food this is defiantly the place to go, we did not have a dessert as we were both full, but there is a nice selection of desserts available,  



Mr. Tony dropped me off home and we said our goodbyes I watched some of the series I like then finished the evening with Get the Gringo, a tale of a gangster on the run that ends up in the notorious Mexican prison El Pueblito, a very entertaining film well played and acted by all, then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: