Thursday 17 October 2013

I Was Up Early,

for my 08.00 appointment at the hospital,


 all went well until I reach Pattaya Central, it had been raining,

 so the bottom third of the road was awash, motorbikes were having to use the middle of the road where the water was shallowest,

but I slowly made my way along it, hoping the bike would not stall,

eventually the water got shallower, I had made it to where I turn off of Pattaya Central into the road I need to take to get to the hospital,

 only to find that the water in that road was deeper still!

so it was bite on the bullet and like this guy go for it hell for leather, the good news is that I made it to the hospital without misadventure,

 I gave a sample of blood then had to wait for an hour for the results, so I took a wet walk along part of Second Road,

 to the restaurant I normally go to when I have been to the hospital before, as you can see it is still raining and water is starting to pool in the road in front of where I am now sitting in the Yian restaurant, just before the traffic lights on the intersection of Pattaya Central and Second Road,        

 looking into the restaurant it seems to have had a face lift since my last visit,

 everything looking so neat and clean,

my breakfast for today, 135 baht, I could barely eat it all, but I did! back to the hospital for my blood work to be completed and good news all was well, so I paid my bill and I was on my way, another piece of good news was that although it had kept raining the flood waters in Pattaya Central had disappeared so a easy drive home, wet but at least not stuck in flooded roads,


 during the day it rained nonstop, so no chance of my repairing the water damage to the front door,

 in the evening Mr. Tony called round and we were off, to Cherry's restaurant, which is just opposite what once was the X-Cite disco, but is now a temporary funfair,

 plastic macs all round as it was still raining,

 the restaurant at first was empty, but it soon filled up,

 first some complimentary starters,

 followed by a trip to the salad bar,

 then to the selection of starters, lots of delicious titbits to chose from,

 and the good news was that the plates were continually filled if they began to empty,

 there was even a selection of sushi to chose from,

 this evening we were also joined by Mark,

  next course soup for any one that wanted it,

then on to the main courses, there were about 18 of them,

 plus the carvery and a selection of kebabs,

 as an example of some of the food on offer, these are some of my starters, melon wrapped in ham, a selection of cold meats and fresh salmon with soy sauce,

 for some of my main course I chose, fried snow fish, steamed mussels, roast lamb and baked salmon with a sauce topping,

then on to the desserts,

and there were lots of them,

including creme caramel,

and fresh fruit, also if you were still not full there is a freezer with a selection of 4 or 5 different flavoured ice creams,

we then rounded off the feast with a latte coffee, we said goodbye to Mark then Mr. Tony very kindly dropped me off home then went  home himself, this must be one of the best value for money buffets in town, it is on every Wednesday and Saturday for just 399 baht per person, but the latte coffee is extra, a normal coffee I think is included, so then for me feet up to watch a film,


a sci-fi, Battleship, the special effects were superb, a bit slow in places but really enjoyable to watch with some great moments, like when the USS Missouri is untied from the dock the order 'flank speed' is given, I always thought it was slow ahead and left hand down a bit! but as I said a really enjoyable film to watch, then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: