Wednesday 16 October 2013

Straight On To Today's Post,

as I have a 08.00 appointment at the hospital,


first a picture of Diana and some of her family at one of the shopping malls near where they live in the Philippines, I will be joining them for the upcoming wedding of her brother soon,

 then the start of my day, 

 a few pictures of today's crop of flowers,

 I have mentioned it before,

 it is a shame that the hibiscus flowers last just one day,

 on to the Punch and Judy for breakfast, the 140 baht small English, which was big enough for me, it is the fried potatoes that fill me up,

 I then parked in the Friendship car park,

 as I had nothing planned for today I thought I would look around the Soi Bukaow market, this is the entrance to it opposite the Friendship car park,

 Pattaya Tai was for some reason very busy today, busier than it normally is for a market day,

 I also popped into the Kodak shop to have some pictures printed,

 the new taller stand for the aquarium had been fitted with a couple of customers looking at the aquariums inhabitants,

 all of the usual fish were there, the regal tang,

 sail fin tang,

 jewelled cardinal fish,

 and bi-coloured angel,

also some invertebrates, these are fan worms,

 then into the market, lots of foods on offer,

 as well as shirts,

 and souvenirs,

 naturally I had to have a look at the aquatic outlet,

 as well as some of the plant stalls,

 the sad news is that there are now only a couple of stalls selling plants,

 some orchids looking for a new home,

 then back into the market, 

 more 'T' shirts,

 I made my way to the middle of the market where there is another aquatic stall, this one has a catch them yourself option!

 lots of fresh vegetables,

 frying tonight, or I should say afternoon,

 these looked very appealing,

 I am guessing very sweet and certainly very colourful,



 next stop the fish, bird and pet shop on Third Road, we were running out of fish food,

 plenty of new aquariums to chose from,

 and lots of live fish,

 to stock the aquariums up with,

 the store also has a small selection of marine fish for sale, 

as well as a selection of discus,

 they looking at these can also can make aquariums to your specification, after all of that home, feet up for a coffee or two,

Mark called round in the afternoon for a coffee than after saying goodbye to him and having my evening meal I settled down to watch 1984, I had seen it before a few years ago, but for some reason I wanted to watch it again, great acting by all concerned with a story line that Big Brother is watching your every move, nonsense of course, but wait a moment is it really so far fetched? with Internet companies amongst others watching our every step perhaps it is now more up to date than George Orwell ever imagined, 


as an aside he was born Eric Arthur Blair in Motihari, Bihar, in India (25 June 1903 – 21 January 1950), but decided on a pen name of George Orwell, he holds the distinction of have sold more copies of any two books by any other 20th-century author, Animal Farm (1945) and 1984 (1949),

for a change of pace and background Troy, a great epic of the story of the face that launched a thousand ships, but for a realistic view of history have a read of the National Geographics take on the story, by now it was late so as I have an early start tomorrow I was off to bed.


No comments: