Friday 18 October 2013

Straight On To Today's Post,

as I am up and out early today,


 I stayed in during the day except a quick trip to the 7-11, spending the day watching a few films, but in the evening I fancied a Chinese meal, so where better than the China Garden?

 it is situated towards the Soi Bukaow end of Soi Lenkee, looking towards Soi Bukaow there are a number of other restaurants,

 inside the decor has many panels giving the restaurant a nice feel about it,

 and of course a well stocked bar,

 I was early arriving at about 07.00 in the evening and was the only customer, but by the time I had finished my meal the place was busy, 'Cheers!',

 I chose the starters for one, which sounds a bit sad, but I will be seeing Diana next week,

then for my main course prawns with cashews and vegetables, plus a carafe of wine, looking at the pictures it did not seem a lot but I was full, the meal and wine came to 560 baht, the food was delicious, then off back home on a motorbike taxi, feet up to watch some of Dr. Lecter,


during the day Joan of Arc was the film of choice, we had watched it before a couple of years ago, here was what I said then, I guess some of the court records survived from that period so there was a basis for the court part of the film, also a reenactment of the vicious hand to hand conflict and hatred between the English and French at that point in time, great cast and performances from all,


then during the day and evening three from Dr. Lecter, the first The Silence of the Lambsa young FBI agent Clarice Starling is assigned to help find a missing woman to save her from a psychopathic serial killer who skins his victims, 


then Red Dragon, which I should have watched first, it is a 2002 American thriller film based on Thomas Harris' novel of the same name, featuring psychiatrist and serial killer Dr. Hannibal Lecter, it is a prequel to both The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal, to say it sets the scene is a bit of an understatement,

to round the evening off Hannibal, no not the one that went over the Alps! a great film for me, strangely enough the music was even better than the film, I enjoyed the music so much I actually bought the soundtrack to it when I was back in the UK, I can count the number of times I have done that with my thumbs! then it was late so for me I was off to bed.


No comments: