Saturday 12 October 2013

Straight On With Today's Post,

as I am up early to see the boys,


 first thing and I was off to the bank, but I just had to stop and take a picture of this beauty, a Lamborghini, 

 looking at the brake callipers I could see it was a real one, 

 the traffic was at a complete standstill on Beach Road, 5 or 6 policemen were stopping all of the motorbikes that were going along it, quiet surprisingly 9 out of 10 stopped had some sort of problem as tickets were given out, naturally I edged my bike out of the banks car park waited till they were all busy writing tickets then quietly rode by along with another bank customer that had the same idea, I do of course have a Thai driving licence plus the bike is taxed an insured, but like all of us I would rather not be stopped if possible,

 I decided to stop at the Le Sud Hotel for breakfast,

 we have driven past it a few times, I thought it would be nice to sit there and watch the traffic go by

 it had plenty of comfortable looking chairs at the front,

 one especially so,

 'Cheers!', from me,

 at the rear of the downstairs part of the hotel there was a pool table,

 with some of the guys playing a few games,

 for my late breakfast/early lunch I chose the large size chicken and vegetables with rice for 140 baht,

 Mark called round in the afternoon for a coffee and a chat, then it was time for the night market,

 for once no clouds, looking towards Jomtien,

 or inland,

 I stopped at this stall which sells Thai stamps, coins and banknotes,

 I was looking for Thai 'bullet' money but there was none to be seen,

 cars for sale opposite the bar this evening,

 lots of people in the food aisles,

 I then bumped into Eddie, he now has a permanent stall here plus the one he has in the Tip market,

 he sells clothes, mainly at this stall shirts,

 I made my way along the end of the food aisles,

 to the pet section,

 sunset over the market,

 through the power cables,

 one of the mobile food and drink vendors,

 Mr. Tony called in this evening,

 along with Brian, also we were surprised by Lee and his charming wife Tuk, who we normally see at the Robin's Nest,

 Brian's wife Sa also called by along with Nan,

 saying our goodbyes to everyone we then made a move for our evening meal, to the Punch and Judy

 cottage pie with cheese for Mr. Tony, 

the Friday special fish and chips for myself, after our meal we made a move home to watch some television, then after saying farewell to Mr. Tony it was feet up for some films,

 but first in the afternoon I should mention before Mark called round that I watched a old favourite, the 1951 version of The Day the Earth Stood Still, an enjoyable way to while away the afternoon,

next another from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, I must admit I do like the Harry Potter movies, having said that I dozed off and did not even hear my telephone ringing, next thing it was midnight, so for me I was off to bed.


No comments: