Monday 14 October 2013

Sundays Seem To Come Round So Fast,

Mr. Tony called round and we were off,


 to park in the hotel opposite China Garden in Soi Lenkee,

 next door a new restaurant has now opened, Jocky's,

 we made our way towards Soi Bukaow,

and crossed it,

 I zoomed in looking further along Soi Bukaow,

 I nearly bought some grapes from this truck,

 one of the mobile stalls doing the rounds,

 I still marvel at the way vendors can pitch up outside shops, I am guessing the shop owner makes some sort of charge for blocking the view of their shop and also a charge for electricity as most of these stalls are illuminated at night,

 the same on the other side of the road,

 walking down Soi Diana towards Second Road we passed the Metropole Hotel on the right hand side,

 just a few yards further on the Robins Nest is on the same side,

 look out for the LK Metro sign, the restaurant is just before it,

 and this is what we were here for, the 249 baht Sunday carvery,

 Lee was hard at work helping out,

 today we were joined by Slim Jim,

 after his stint Lee called over for a chat,

 and very kindly took our picture,

 after our ice cream dessert I just had to have a latte coffee,

 three of the charming waitresses that looked after us, another excellent meal, we said our goodbyes to Slim Jim, then returned home to watch some more episodes of Cheers, after bidding Mr. Tony farewell,

 I treated myself to another Harry Potter that I had started in the afternoon, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,


I decided that if I am going to watch a disaster movie make it a good one so 2012 was next, great special effects, then a real treat, i was switching through channels when I chanced upon Ade in Britain, a truly great series as Adrian Edmondson takes around parts of the British Isles showing us foods and crafts as he goes,

at this point it was quiet late, or I should say early morning so I was off to bed, only to be woken up by a thunderstorm and the sound of failing rain at 03.00 in the morning, worse still at past 05.00 in the morning it still had not stopped, so much for my repairing the wooden front door which I was planning to do on Monday, as now the door will be soaked through and swollen again by the rain, oh well I will have to hope it will dry out again during the week, so off to bed I now go, again!


No comments: