Monday 28 October 2013

Up, Up And Away!

not to mention getting up early as well,

and I was on my way to the airport, I am going to the Philippines on holiday! I always marvel at this concrete post,

it is always at this angle seemingly defying gravity, every time I go past it I expect to see it fallen over or replaced,

next stop the airport,

as usual lots to see,

even before you check in,

what a pity Heathrow is such a building site,

and once you check in there is even more to see,

this huge sculpture must be over 50 feet long,

this is a new feature that caught my eye,

an interactive screen underneath the flight detail screens,

as you move fish come and go depending on how you move,

in this one you can go to the beach with a sandcastle,

which moves with you,

then gets blown away!

Diana had left a week or so before me to help with her brothers the wedding arrangements, she meet me at the airport and we checked into the Devera Hotel,

the room was better than many we have stayed in here,

the towels made to look like swans a nice touch,

we took a walk down Fields Avenue, the traffic policeman working hard,

looking towards downtown,

a quick stop at the money changer,

then to Diana's parents house to say hello to the happy couple, Sonny and Dang,

and with cousin Jillian,

Daisy,

one of Diana's sisters, Dioshane,

and more of the family, Diosalyn, Daisy, Dioshane and younger brother Sandio,

Diana's Mum and Dad,

well I just had to have a beer with Dad,

Daisy and Jillian with Diana's Mum,

Jillian and Diana,

there was quiet a crowd outside,

it appears that there is a election for the village headman. locally called a Barangay Captain taking place,

the place was really buzzing,

Dad then took us in his tricycle to town,

to Walking Street,

not being here for some time we had a good walk around,

eventually deciding to eat in the Otto restaurant,

a mango shake for Diana,

a wine for myself and a prawn cocktail as a starter,

Diana ordered a rack of ribs,

'Cheers!',

whilst I went with Australian lamb chops,

which were very filling to say the least!

'Bon Appétit'

it was then that we were joined by Joe, 

so we just had to go out on the town!

as you can guess after a few for the road we went back to the hotel for a well earned rest.


No comments: