Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Good News,

was that the banks are open today,


so we drove into town for breakfast at the Pattaya Beer Garden, the bad news was that the memory card in the camera malfunction so we have no pictures of our breakfast,

 so over the road to the bank,

 for a slow drive along Walking Street,

 we have seen this car a few times over the years,

 is it real,

 or not? you decide,

 we made our way along the street,

 past some of the mobile food stalls,

 and go-go bars,

 not to mention disco's,

 we were coming up to Champions,

 and noticed on the other side of the road the Marine Bar,

 was being refurbished,

 passing the big tree on the right,

 we took the left turn by the hats,

 which leads to Second Road,

 we past the Middle Eastern area on the left,

 with lots of restaurants as we neared Second Road,

 finally emerging opposite the new newly refurbished VC Hotel,

 and next to it,

 one of Diana's favourite restaurants, McDonald's,

 we made our way up Soi 17,

 and turned into the street that runs next to the TukCom centre, to the beauty saloon opposite the side entrance,

 Diana is having a series of beauty treatments, so I left her there,

 and made my way to Soi Bukaow, 

to Pattaya Pro Fit Nutrition, OK I have to fess up, for the past 6 or 7 months I have been lifting a couple of dumbbells 6 out of 7 mornings a week, in an attempt to keep fit, I know I will never get big muscles but a few friends have said that I should have a protein drink after each mornings exercise, so I tried one some time ago, but it was so expensive for a 700 gram tub, so I thought I would go here as they advertise a 5 KG bag of protein drink at a more reasonable price per serving,

 the shop is about half way between Pattaya Tai and Soi Diana almost opposite this Tesco Lotus Express,


 and is opposite the Fair Exchange Miracle Travel Co Ltd.,

 the company's card,

and map, of course I could have enrolled for a seniors keep fit course,


 like this one, but I prefer to lift weights at home,

 next stop the flower stalls opposite Foodland on Pattaya Tai,

 lots of orchids to chose from,

 I was so tempted,

 but I resisted,

 I had in fact called in to buy a few pots for Diana's tomatoes that she is growing,

 but it did not stop me looking at the bromeliads,

 there were so many in flower,

 strange to think they are all related to pineapples,


a last look at some begonias and I was on my way,


home at last, this was the protein drink I bought, in April as luck would have it all of the products have 10% off, so this 5 kilo pack was exactly 4,000 baht, at that price I just hope it does me some good! in the late afternoon Diana called so I picked her up, after our evening, meal we watched a few from The Chase, Midsomer Murders and a couple from Bones, then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: