Tuesday 6 May 2014

We Started Out A Bit Early,

Dioshane had a toothache,


 so a trip to the dentist was our first port of call, but as I was out of the door I took a quick picture of Diana's tomato plants, in the few days we were not here they had really grown,

 so well in fact that there were a few flowers on a couple of them, I just hope they bear fruit in the next few weeks,

 then to Dr. Chanis, his surgery is just opposite Friendship on Pattaya Tai, a couple of fillings and hopefully all will now be well,

 we then went to the Central Festival, I dropped the family off there and made my way home, so these are pictures that Diana took on her telephone, I am guessing this is some type of ice cream,

 well if that was not this is!

 and was enjoyed by all,

 naturally they had to have a look from one of the outside viewing levels,

 a look over the bay,


 as well as a couple of pictures of the family, as can be seen by the bags,

 they had already been on a shopping fest,

 well some of the shoe shops were offering 90% off, just think of the money we saved, but for me I will wait till everything is 100% off!

they did of course go to the 6D theatre which as you can see from the pictures they all enjoyed immensely,


after spending most of the afternoon looking around and shopping they made their way downstairs past the cocktail car and made their way home,

 meanwhile after I had dropped them off I was making my way across town,

 I am not sure what the weather was like in Pattaya whilst we were away,

 but it certainly has rained since we returned,

arriving home for me it was feet up and watch a film, I decided on The Day of the Triffidsthe two episode 2009 TV series, I had watched it before, this was what I wrote then, ' I am sure by now every knows the story of how the Triffids took over the world, the special effects did leave something to be desired but still a good application of John Wyndham Parkes Lucas Benyon Harris's book The Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham was one of a number of British authors discussed in a 1960 report into Science Fiction in BBC Drama, the document, which described Wyndham as 'the best practitioner' of British science fiction, led to the creation of the TV serial 'Doctor Who', the producer of this programme, Donald Baverstock, was the son-in-law of writer Enid Blyton and the man who, in 1963, eventually gave the green light for 'Doctor Who' to move into production, so all you 'Doctor Who' fans out there a big hand to John Wyndham Parkes Lucas Benyon Harris,'


 after watching that I had a read, I should have mention that I bumped in to Barry Kenyon, who has written a book about his time as the Honorary British Consul in Pattaya, and what a good read it is,


it was a strange thing but I knew a few of the people mentioned in the book, one of them even being a guest at a party I had at home several years ago,

the family returned exhausted from their shopping expedition, but Diana wanted to help her tomatoes, soon hopefully they will become top heavy with fruit, so she chopped some of the bamboos I had bought last week in half,

 and tied the taller plants to them,

after our evening meal we all settled down to watch MouseHunta modern take on Laurel and Hardy by two brothers as they desperately try to outwit a mouse, Dioshane and Sandio laughed so much,

 then the serious part of the evening, Monopoly! we all just love playing it,

at one stage I was almost out, but by a few lucky rolls of the dice for me and a few unlucky throws for everyone else I won, it was by now late so for all of us we were off to bed.


No comments: