Friday 18 July 2014

We Were Off Early,

to go fishing,


 we picked up Nick and Maureen, 

 and arrived at the fishing park,

 it was a beautiful day,

 with hardly a cloud in the sky,


 Nick was soon into his first fish,

 but it was just a tad too small,

 so back it went,

 then to every ones delight, Nick caught a second fish,

 this one a keeper so Diana took it to the kitchen, breakfast will be served soon!

 on the way back from the kitchen Diana spotted a lizard,

 so I grabbed the camera to take a couple of pictures,


I decided to zoom in,

 who are you looking at?

 the fishing was as in previous weeks slow, I was 2- 0 down, but I decided to take a walk to the end of the pool where some lotus plants were flowering,

 again I zoomed in for a closer look,

 just then I was called back,

 breakfast was severed,

 the fishing was so quiet I took a few more pictures,

 it seems that this year,

 it is going to be,

 a bumper crop for dragonflies,

 there were three or four flying past every few minuets,

 then success I caught one! a keeper so we will take it home for tomorrows supper, and that is how the score ended 2 - 1 to Nick,

the parks card, if you want to spend a day at the Mamak fishing park, it is off of Soi Nub Plan Wan, (spelt as it sounds), turn into the Soi from Sumkivitt, over the railway crossing and continue for a couple of miles, the road starts to go downhill, near the bottom of it you will see the road the fishing park is on the right hand side, follow that for a while, it twists and turns a bit and the fishing park is on the left next to a soccer ground, there are rods and tackle for hire and bait to buy, plus a fridge full of beer!

we then made a move to Nick and Maureen's, sipping a cool drink whilst Nick prepared a chicken panang curry, which was followed by ice cream with cheese and biscuits,

then to the serious part of the evening, Monopoly! I am sure there was a conspiracy, the three of them bought every property leaving me paying almost every time I moved, naturally I was out in no time, but the big winner was Diana, we thanked Nick and Maureen for their hospitality and then made a move for home,

feet up and a couple more episodes of Life on Mars, this series just keeps getting better and better, then past the midnight hour we were off to bed.


No comments: