Thursday 11 September 2014

Straight On To Today's Post As We Are Out Early,

in the afternoon Mr. Tony called round,


for a chat, after saying our goodbyes to him we watched a film or two, but then we both decided that a steak was on the menu for tonight's meal, we were going to stay in, but thinking back to a recommendation that David from East Coast Real Estate had made it was glad rags on,

 to the Steak & Co on Soi Lengkee that was once the China Garden restaurant,

 David recommended it highly,

 so we thought we would give it a try,

 everything inside was new, the seating so comfortable,

 the bar was in the same position as before as was the general layout,

 the menu was to die for, so many items to chose from,

 Diana decided on nachos for a starter,

 the portion was huge and could have been a starter for two,

for myself I chose the lobster bisque, I have only ordered this in 4 or 5 restaurants over the years, but this for me was the best lobster bisque I have ever had,

 'Cheers!',

 our next course was a complementary lemon sorbet,

 which was a nice touch,

 then the main courses arrived, a 250 gram black Angus rib eye for Diana,


which looked and was delicious,

 I know I tried some! Diana also chose the salad as a side dish which was included,

 and a 200 gram sirloin fillet for myself, wrapped in bacon,

 included in the price of the steak was a side dish and a sauce, I chose the sauteed mushrooms and paid extra for a baked potato,

 'Cheers!',

 next the desserts,

 I have to say I was full to bursting, but Diana went for a tiramisu which was conveniently served in two halves with two spoons, so I just had to help out!


then for myself a latte coffee, what a great meal, as someone once said, 'I'll (we) will be back!' the cost of the meal including a litre of house wine was 2,775 baht, which we both thought was fair given the quality of the food and the fact that the steaks were from Australia, they were so tender and full of flavor,

 the restaurants card,

and map, highly recommended by both of us, then home in a yellow and blue taxi, feet up, two from LA Law and we were off to bed.


No comments: