Thursday 30 October 2014

Straight On To Today's Post,

as we are out early to go fishing,


 first thing and it did not look good,

 I had an appointment at the dentist at 2.30 in the afternoon and all morning it had been raining hard, but at about 1.00 the skies finally cleared,

 so in to the dentist and work began, it appeared that a lot drilling and preparation work was needed, 40 or so minuets later and all was almost done, then the lights went out, after 10 minuets the power came back, then went off again for another few minuets but soon after that and 800 baht later and I was on my way, next stop pick up Diana's laptop, so I took a short cut through what is the Soi Bukaow market,

 normally on a Tuesday and Friday all of this area is covered with a tent city covering hundreds of stalls, but other days,

  it is just a big car park,

 then to Wattana Computers, this is the side entrance, they had made the start up so much quicker and did a virus check, 400 baht later and I was on my way,

 driving a few meters down Pattaya Central from the computer shop on the same side I stopped off at the area where flowers are sold,

 lots to chose from,

 including,

 you guessed it!,

 orchids, 
 so many to chose from,

 I also spotted these on the top couple of shelves,

 cyclamen, they looked so nice I nearly bought some,


 the bromeliads tempted me as well,

 then another temptation, 

 a display of bonsai,

 I made my way through the hardware section,

 to the rear of the stalls, it appears that there are about 10 or 12 different stalls in all each selling different plant groups, but at the rear there is a bar and stage, 

 which I guess gets busy in the evenings,

 I made my way back,

 past some more orchids, 

 then spotted these, a number of mini bitter orange tree,

 we already have one, but it is past it's prime, it is all leaves and few actual fruits, so I bought this one,

 then next door another fruit tree,

 this time a lemon, when I have my morning and evening meals Diana grates a frozen lemon over them, so I thought why not grow our own lemons?

 they were soon in the bag,

 and on the bike, off to my next stop,

 the fishing tackle shop on Thepprasit Road, to buy the bait for Thursday,

 I made it home and managed to miss the showers, in the evening we had a romantic candle lit meal for two planned, with a bottle of wine kindly given to us by Barry,

  the fish were going to enjoy our meal too as they receive a few extra feeds,

 we had decided to have an Indian meal,

 when we went to the Indian take away last week, the Country Favourite we deliberately ordered extra food for this evening, 

 and it was delicious, 'Cheers!',

to keep us in an Indian mood we listen to one of my favourite Indian musicians, Bhupen Hazarika, he was an Indian lyricist, musician, singer, poet and film-maker from Assam who sadly died in 2011, 


and this is the song that captures for me Indian music, Chira Jugamia Dhow Tuli, 

to round our meal off some brie and dry biscuits, we listen to music for most of the evening, then a episode of Lewis on TMN and we were off to bed.


No comments: