Thursday 23 October 2014

! Was Out Early,

for my 08.00 AM appointment,


at the hospital for my bi-monthly check up, having given a blood sample I then have to wait an hour or so to see the doctor and for the results, having not eaten since yesterday evening the next stop was breakfast, so off to Soi Diana, the view looking towards LK Metro and Second Road,


 and looking back towards Soi Bukaow,

 and this was where I was going to eat, The Robins Nest,

 for today the 159 baht English breakfast with tea and toast included,

 in case you have not visited here before some of the specials are displayed on chalkboards,

 hanging on the walls,

 around the room,

 drinks are also advertised,

 and every day I guess, 

 this lady chalks up the daily special,

 which yesterday was beef lasagne,

 after my meal a few meters along from Robins Nest I stopped at this stall,

 after 3 years the battery in my watch had stopped,

 so out with the old one,

 and in with the new,

 then this vertical vice was produced,

 a look in the draw,

 for the correct sized former and the back of the case was put back in place,

 time and date adjusted,

 it is amazing how many stalls like this are here in Pattaya,

 next step refit the strap,

 carefully does it,

and all is done, there were two prices, 150 baht for a 1 year battery or 250 baht for a 3 year one, I chose the 3 year, so I guess I will be seeing the watch repairer again in October 2017! back to the hospital, blood work done and all was well, 77.6 Kgs, exactly the same as last time, 125 over 60, 70 beats a minute, 128 sugar and a few other things that the doctor thought were within limits given I guess my age, medication remains the same, total bill for blood work, doctors time and medication just under 5,000 baht for two months, just think of the money I am saving the National Health Service back in the UK!

 in the evening it was glad rags on and we were out,

 to Soi Lengkee, in the distance the restaurant we were going to,


 it was formally the China Garden,

 for our starters Diana chose the crab and avocado dish,

whilst for Mr. Tony,

 and myself the lobster bisque,

 next we were served a complimentary lemon sorbet,

 the main course, a cheeseburger for Diana,

 it was huge,

 Mr. Tony went for a rib-eye,

 whilst I decided on a fillet Mignon, with buttered mushrooms as a side dish,

 'Cheers!', from all of us,

no dessert for Mr. Tony but we decided to share a White chocolate tartufo which is a traditional Italian dessert with a soft ice cream centre, it was absolutely delicious, well in fact all of the meal was,

 we finished with a latte coffee,

the cost of the meal including 1 liter of house red wine was 2,600 baht, I should point out that only Australian steaks are served here, no doubt about it, we will be back!

 Steak & Co card,

and map, Mr. Tony very kindly dropped us off home, 

then feet up for a couple more from Garrow's Law and we were off to bed.


No comments: