Sunday 1 March 2015

We All Know That Diana Loves Chocolate,

and when I return from my trip to the UK,



 I will be bringing a few bars back with me, but at $260 per 1.5 ounce-bar or 50 grams if you prefer, I think I will pass on this one,


made from the finest cacao beans Ecuador has to offer it is the most expensive chocolate in the world, according to the makers of To’ak, 95 percent of the world’s chocolate is made from mass-produced beans, whereas they use rare cacao seeds harvested from the coast of Ecuador, these seeds are fermented and converted into liquid chocolate, which is then hand-moulded into bars, each bar contains 81 percent cacao, and requires 36 different steps to create, finally, a single, hand-selected, hand-measured, shelled cacao bean is placed in the centre, the bean, measuring between 7 and 8 mm, has to fit perfectly, if you do visit the To'ak website, grab a tea or coffee to sip before you do, it is a fascinating story, but back to the product it might seem a bit expensive but when you order a bar you will find that each bar is packaged in a hand-crafted hardwood box that is engraved with the individual bar number, the box is made from responsibly-sourced Spanish Elm wood, the same wood that is used to ferment To’ak cacao, the box includes a 116-page booklet that provides a guide to dark chocolate tasting, tells the story behind the sourcing of To’ak cacao beans and illustrates the process of chocolate making, well after reading all of that shall I order Diana one bar or two? I guess I had better be quick, there were 574 bars made for the 2014 crop, the screen shot above shows that there are 373 bars remaining to be purchased, as of now there are just 171 bars left, so I had better get a move on!


No comments: