Tuesday 24 March 2015

We Did Not Go Out Today,

so I did not take any pictures,


but here is that one of my co-workers, Lee sent to me yesterday, taken in his back garden in Sidcup, Kent in the UK, it is of the Orion Nebula, which is a diffuse nebula situated in the Milky Way south of Orion's Belt in the constellation of Orion, it was discovered by Christian Huygens who was born at the Hague on April 14, 1629, (the same birthday as myself), and died in the same town on July 8, 1695 his name is sometimes written as Huyghens, but his main work was his Horologium Oscillatorium published at Paris in 1673, the first chapter is devoted to pendulum clocks, in 1675 Huygens proposed to regulate the motion of watches by the use of the balance spring, in the theory of which he had been perhaps anticipated in a somewhat ambiguous and incomplete statement made by Hooke in 1658, watches or portable clocks had been invented early in the sixteenth century, and by the end of that century were not very uncommon, but they were clumsy and unreliable, being driven by a main spring and regulated by a conical pulley and verge escapement; moreover, until 1687 they had only one hand, the first watch whose motion was regulated by a balance spring was made at Paris under Huygens's directions, and presented by him to Louis XIV,

also Wattana Computers called round to pick up my old computer and one of my extremal hard drives, there were some files that I wanted form my old computer, also I did not know that the Office Home & Business 2013 that I had bought with my new computer did not include Publisher, so a new one will have to be installed on the new computer, it appears that if you want Publisher as part of the package I should have bought Office 365 Personal, I assumed incorrectly that Publisher was included as it was before in the old Office that I had, apart from that we had a quiet day, after our evening meal we watched some of the shows on TMN and rounded off the evening watching a few more episodes of Boardwalk Empire and with the start of the third DVD we were off to bed.


No comments: