Tuesday 7 July 2015

Another Day I Am Up And Out Early,

this time as I am off to the driving test centre,


 but back to yesterday, first stop Immigration on Soi 5 Jomtien, I needed two certificates of residence, one each for my motorbike and car driving licence, there was just one customer in front of me so in no time it was my turn, I was told if I want to wait it would take 20 minuets for the letters, one cup of coffee and 500 baht later and I was on my way, I had expected to call back in the afternoon or tomorrow, so that saved a double trip,

 next stop the motorbike repair shop, which was very busy, two new tyres and inner tubes and a full service (oil change, brakes checked, new spark plug, oil and air filters replaced, chain lubricated, etc,), we were told to call back in an hour for the bike,

 so we walked round the corner to the TukCom Centre,

 past the outside stalls,

 and in we went,

 when we called back the bike was still waiting for it's rear tyre,

 which soon arrived and was fitted, 2,000 baht later we were on our way to have some papers notarised, then to the post office in Soi 5 Pattaya to post them,

 our penultimate stop of the day, just before the Bangkok Pattaya hospital, 

 the car and motorbike test centre, every year both  bikes and the truck are tested for noise, lights, brake efficiency etc,

 looking back towards Pattaya it is just past the walkway,

 I am not sure if this is the shrine of the centre our of the shop next door, the bike was tested, I have to call back in a few days to pick up the log book and tax disc,

 our last stop of the day, Friendship, 

 for some ham, rye bread and a few other vitals,

the building next door still showing no signs of what it will be,

 after our evening meal a couple of films, firstly Tremors 4, The Legend Begins, it starts in the late 1880s before the previous films in the series, but sets the scene for later encounters, not as good as the first, but still fun to watch,

we had watched the sequel to The Thomas Crown Affair a couple of times, but this is the first time we had watched the original, not as slick and polished as the second, but still very enjoyable to watch especially as Faye Dunaway appears in both, one more episode from Ripper Street, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: