Saturday 24 October 2015

Bright And Early,

the bugmen called,


 a hand spray for the inside of the house,

 and a hose pipe powered by a pump to spray around the outside and the perimeter walls,

 I noticed another of the cactus in flower,

 nice it looked too,

 just a shame it only lasts for a day,

 after breakfast a trip to the Soi Bukaow market,

 we parked behind TukCom, and walked towards Pattaya Tai,

 passing a mobile brush seller on the way,

 it was a holiday today,

 so the newly resurfaced Pattaya Tai was busy,

 the no right or left turn into Soi Bukaow in place today,

 which meant just a few vehicles turning left into Pattaya Tai from Soi Bukaow,

 that market was a tad busy,

 I made my way past one of the stalls that sells glasses,

 and a live fish stall,

 plenty of fresh produce,

 I eventually arrived at the pet and plant area,

 a aquarist making his selection,

 I had a quick look at one of the two remaining plant stalls, there used to be so many,

 the feather duster seller,

 I think this would be called,

 a work in progress,

 I made my way back along Pattaya Tai,

 past Friendship and the fresh orange juice seller,

 arriving home I decided to play with some of the cactus, in this pot two of them had produce so many 'pups' they were starting to take over,

 so I removed them and planted a cactus that we had bought some time ago in the corner of the pot,

 I also decided to take some cuttings from some of Diana's stinky or starfish cactus,

 I just used a sharp knife to cut a few pieces off,

and popped them into pots, I had read a little about how to sterilise the knife with isopropyl alcohol and using two different kinds of rooting and potting powders to help with the rooting process, well naturally I ignore all of that advice,

 however the one piece of advice I did take heed of was the helpful bit that said one of the joys of handling these stinky cactus cuttings is that they do not have spines, well have I got news for the writer of that article, this one has spines in droves, as I found out to my cost!

 punctured fingers later,

 and with a dressing of gravel and all was done,

 next it was off to the weekend Night market on Thepprasit Road,

 no clouds looking towards Jomtien,

 just a slight haze,

 on the central road that divides the roadside part of the market, the beauty shop open this week,

 looking inland just a wisp of cloud,

 behind the bar this evening a stall selling condominiums and a 50 baht second-hand clothes stall,

 as I went down the hill, the ice cream seller was making his way up,

 the covered over area,

 had a new stall this week,

 selling dried fruit,

 the aisle were crowded, well it was a holiday,

 lots of interest in the pet section,

 a quick picture of the moon, which as I write this is 364,620 kilometres away from us, but moving towards us at a rate of 1.35 kilometres a minuet,

 looking inland a slight haze in the sky,

 I took a couple of pictures of the food aisles,

 on my way back to the bar,

where I meet up with Brian, we chatted the evening away, then after saying our farewells, made a move for home,

 where we were treated to a delicious aroma as we went inside, Diana had cooked a beef stew,

with dumplings,

after a second helping we settled down to watch some of the first series of Mr. Selfridge and excellent it was too, just before midnight we watched The Chase and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: