Thursday 21 January 2016

Day 2

Up Early For Breakfast,


the restaurant nicely laid out,

with lots of choices,

our table,

was near the pool,

a huge selection of breads,

and rolls,

12 or so covered dishes to chose from,

and a nice selection of accompaniments,

I have heard of a game called Angry Birds,

I guess these are angry eggs,

a quick stop at the egg station,

a look at the pool,

and I was on my way, Steve and Kai are spending a few days in Bangkok before flying out to meet us in the Philippines,

soon at the airport,

where,

as usual there was a beautiful display,

of orchids,

and other plants,

stunning,

as was this, 

the queue to book in,

at the front there was a zig-zag, but there were too many people so it snaked along the main concourse,

as I left the queue did not seem to have diminished at all,

after that wait I was a little thirsty,

so in to Bill Bentley's for a drink,

then on to the plane for the 3 hour flight to Manila,

I was picked up at the airport by Diana's family and drove to Angeles City which is near where Diana's family live, the dive took 3 hours or so, after booking in Diana and myself went out on the town,

to Walking Street, yes they have one here too,

and had a look,

at some of the bars and restaurants,

we were looking for a place to eat, this place looked nice,

but once inside the loud live music made it nearly impossible to talk,

now this was better,

'Cheers!',

a nice relaxing atmosphere,

Diana chose a Filipino dish,

a Vienna schnitzel for myself,

I found this a bit strange, normally the more you buy the cheaper the product becomes, not so here, unless I got my maths wrong,

ice cream for dessert,

and a nice glass of wine,

back into the street,

not as crowded as the Pattaya one,

and back to our hotel, the Orchid Resort,

the dining room,

and it is still near to Christmas,

we decided to have a look at the pool,

the water was unbelievably clear,


on the far side of the pool, 

the poolside restaurant, it had been a long day, so with that we were off to bed.


No comments: