Saturday 20 August 2016

I Had A Bit Of A Disaster,

when I was doing my exercises this morning,


the cable that connects trough a series of pulleys to the stack of weights snapped, so whilst Diana meet up with Riza I spent the day looking for a gym equipment shop, the one I bought the work station from had closed up and move I know not where, so will try again next week, in the evening out to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road, for some reason there were lots of mobile food-stalls here this evening,

 normally next to the motorcycle park there are just three or four,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 the grey sky looked a bit ominous,

 the same looking inland,

 opposite the bar this evening a stall selling 69 baht 'T' shirts and one selling shoes,

 for the vertically challenged, 

 I made my way down towards the pet section,

 where I guess a company selling condominiums were in the process of setting up their stall,

 passing the fruit section the first of this seasons mangoes were on display, later Diana bought a few for the afternoons to snack on,

 the pet section, the stalls just opening,

 it must be agony for the market cat, looking at all of that cat food for sale! but the couple that are here look healthy enough,

 it is amazing the amount of stock,

 some of these places have,

 from the smallest toys to temporary accommodation cages,

 sunset over the market,

 still plenty of space for entrepreneurs,

I made my way back to the bar,

 where the egg seller made is way past, the peanut man sitting behind him,

 notice the seller has a rubber horn in his hand, every seller has a different sound, the ice cream seller a bell, the coffee seller a wooden clicker so you know what is coming towards you here or at home,

 this evening Hans and his lady joined us, 

 after saying our farewells it was home for an Indian curry,

'Cheers!', then feet up,

for another evening of the excellent series 6 of Downton Abbey, (do not look at this link if you want the ending to be a surprise for you), then for us as the midnight hour approached, we were off to bed.


No comments: