Thursday 22 September 2016

I Have To Admit,

I am not into fast food,


 and give McDonald's, Burger King, Wendys et al as wider berth as I can, but if I am forced to eat in one of them what do I chose a burger or a hotdog? well now the agony of choice has been solved for me by an entrepreneur in Australia, Mark Murray, of Perth, came up with the idea for the Hamdog in 2004, and by 2009, he had already obtained a patent for the uniquely-shaped bun of the treat, he’s selling Hamdogs in his home city and wants to expand nationally,

the Hamdog consists of a patented bun, a Bunbury beef patty cut in half to accommodate a Hunsa frankfurt in the middle, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles and three sauces, American mustard, tomato sauce and mayonnaise, “We use all local ingredients, the only thing that’s not from WA are the pickles,” Mark Murray said, so far the Hamdog marquee has made appearances at events such as local markets, shows, races in Perth, and Murray said the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, “We launched our marquee two months ago and we had people come from everywhere just to experience the Hamdog, at one stage the crew were knocking out about one every 15 seconds, it was amazing,” he told reporters, would I like one? not really, but I guess if I saw one for sale I might give it a try just for the novelty of if nothing else, but who knows, if the Hamdog catches on and he sells his patent or sells a franchise a Hamdog outlet could be coming to your city soon!


No comments: