Friday 23 December 2016

Over The Years,

even before I lived in Thailand,


I tried to learn the language, I bought a Linguaphone language course, books, I even had a few lessons form the local language school, naturally I continued trying to learn the language out here, but failed miserably, so I was surprised to see the exploits of 32-year-old Muhamed Mešić, pictured above, ever since he was a little boy growing up in Tuzla, an industrial city in the former Yugoslavia (currently in Bosnia Herzegovina), he was fascinated by languages, His exceptional talent for quickly learning to communicate in different languages was discovered by chance, when he was just 5-years-old. He was on vacation with his family, in Greece, and recalls being able to listen to their local neighbour speaking Greek and figuring out what he was saying from the situation they were in, despite his remarkable ability to pick up foreign languages with ease, Muhamed Mešić is also 100% dedicated to his passion for languages and dedicates almost all of his time to studying and practising them,

 “I’ll be honest, I spend around 200 days per year on the plane. I am always travelling to various lectures, seminars, training … But I’m not complaining, I realised that you have to be a victim if you want to succeed and I really am one,” he told Radio Sarajevo, “It is important to have a goal and work hard to achieve it, and the results will come.” today, Muhamed Mešić speaks an impressive 56 different languages, yes you read that right 56! from common ones like English or Portuguese, to Japanese and Georgian, and even tongues that most of us have never even heard of, like Kinyarwanda (official language of Rwanda) or Quechua (the language of the indigenous people of the central Andes of South America), 


now of course there is no way of knowing if it is all true, but I have read that Japanese is is extremely difficult to learn, especially for English speakers, so here is Muhamed Mešić speaking Japanese, is he good with all of the nuances that native speakers use? only some one from Japan can answer that question, but what a skill if it is all true that he has.


No comments: