Tuesday 13 December 2016

When I First Looked At This Picture,

one word appeared in my mind,


 Photoshopped!

 but I was so, so wrong,

 they were taken by photographer Nick Steinberg who has been capturing the thick fog common to the San Francisco area for the last eight years,

 all of his pictures are straight from the camera, 

to ensure consistency in his photography, Steinberg checks cams, satellites, and other data forecasts so he can predict the next days weather patterns and hopefully find conditions to his liking, “What amazes me most about fog is the fact that no two shots are ever the same,” Steinberg said, “This is what I call, ‘subtlety of movement’ where there are small windows of opportunity with fog as it evaporates, moves in, and undulates. This requires decisive action, tests your photographic skills, and requires one to be ‘present’ in the moment, and ‘ride’ along with [the fog].” for more of his fog waves and other nature photography have a look on his Instagram and Facebook pages, and no I am not on commission, I just think they are stunning pictures .


No comments: