Tuesday 25 April 2017

Absolutely Stunning,

were the words that came to mind, 


 when I looked at these photographs,

 they were taken by Tokyo-based photographer Takashi Komatsubara, who unlocks the beauty of Japan's natural environment with his enchanting photographs, His artistic images seem almost like watercolour paintings, awash with colour,

 taking up photography in 2009, Komatsubara slowly moved from just aiming to document his world to transforming his photography into art, “When I take pictures, I try for photos with emotions,” the photographer writes, “I want to shake the hearts of people who see my pictures.” 

 He wishes to reflect tranquillity in his work, which is largely devoid of humans, by photographing forests and mountains without a trace of man, he projects a calm solitude in his portfolio,

a Nikon lover, Komatsubara shoots with a Nikon D810 and a host of different lenses, from a fixed Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 to a Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM, in order to achieve the perfect, artistic look, as I said at the beginning of the post, absolutely stunning.


No comments: