Saturday 26 August 2017

Every Day For The Past 4 Years,

a new GIF,


has appeared on the Tumblr page of designer Tyler Haywood,

 OK what is a GIF? it is an art form in itself, an animated short and silent loop, with no beginning or end,

 the GIFs of Tyler are related to his interest in motion graphics, focusing on the tiny but captivating movements of Rubik’s Cube-like structures, rippling water, and dazzling rainbows,

 he comments, “I have always thought of Angular Geometry as a sketchbook, just open it up and see what happens. Every day is a fresh start, so there is no need to worry all that much. Sometimes I will scroll through my archive of over 1500 GIFs and see patterns or ideas that come through in my art that I didn’t realise were there in the moment of creation. It is an interesting catalogue of my subconscious in some ways.”

His digital “sketchbook” just celebrated its four year anniversary, making him officially the longest running daily GIF artist on Tumblr, You can see more of his GIFs on his site Angular Geometry, it is a great site, but I spent way too long there looking at so many of his creations.


No comments: