Monday 4 September 2017

Sunday Ended Well,

but started with a disaster,


 I decided to print a couple of colour pictures of the temples I had been taking in infrared, but the first showed that the printers heads needed cleaning, so I did that twice and at last the test print came out fine, but the next picture again had streaks of colour missing, looking at the ink levels all were looking a bit low, so I topped up the black, yellow and blue with no problems, well I topped up the red as well with no problems, the problem occurred when I put the stopper back in the bottle, it tipped over and there was red ink everywhere, I was covered, but luckily most went into the keypad which acted as as reservoir, but it was still a mess on the computer table, naturally the keypad did not work, so off to TukCom I went, I parked opposite The Grand DayNight Hotel,

 and walked it to the store, 599 baht later and I was away back home, the proud new owner of a Logitech keyboard and mouse, from then on the day just got better and better, both the keyboard and mouse worked straight away after plugging them in, which for me with anything electrical was a result in it's self,

 no sooner was that done than our Sunday lunch was ready, 

 so after taking a couple of pictures of the fish,

 it was eyes down and tuck in,

 'Cheers!',

  a few more of the fish between courses,

 then a real delight, Diana had made some hard caramel covered bananas for dessert,

 the outsides were so nice and crispy,

 and finally to round off the meal, some dates, we sat at the table until the early evening, then it was time for a mid evening snack, a chicken sandwich, we then settled down for The Theory of Everything, we had watched the film before and here is what I wrote then, 'it featured Edward John David Redmayne, who delivered a tour de force playing the part of Stephen William Hawking, in many places a sad film as an able-bodied man slips into the lack of ability to move or look after himself till eventually paralysis takes control of his body, but all of the time his mind is not affected and he knows what is happening around him, not only in his personal life but also in the world of intellectuals and thinkers, I mentioned it is sad in places, but also uplifting in his ability not to let his life threatening condition, motor neurone disease get the better of him, in 1963 he was given 2 years to live, today he is still writing at the age of 75 years old', next two more from Suits, with that we were off to bed.


No comments: