Sunday 5 November 2017

Time For The Aquariums Weekly Maintenance,

plus fitting the new UV light and air-stone,


 I started with the UV light, and what a trial that was, I had to cut the return hose from the filter to the aquarium, but the hose was so hard I could not fit it on the UV unit so off to the nearest builders merchants to buy some hose, but of course it was in imperial size, I bought the nearest I could, but it would not fit on the filters unique coupling system, which was metric, so off to the nearest aquatic store,

 which looked nice, but I never normally go there as it has a large ferocious snarling dog that lives there, thankfully today it was asleep, in any event they do not sell any plastic hose for filters,

 so of to the normal store I go to, which had some hose but a millimetre or so smaller than I needed, 

 back home I made a 40% water change,

 and fitted the UV unit, thankfully the filter coupling system accepted the slightly smaller hose,


next the air stone, the one we have makes lots of huge bubbles, which make a rather annoying sound as they break at the surface,

the new air-stone is longer and produces smaller bubbles and they do not make the noise that the previous air-stone did,

 late in the afternoon, I made a move to the pet store where I normally buy our cat food,

 as we went to the beach last night we did not go to the market for their food, luckily the store opens at 3.00 in the afternoon so I missed the crowds, 

 on to our evening meal, it was raining, so no bar-b-q tonight,

 just a small sherry with garlic bread,

 followed by chicken and sweetcorn soup, 

'Cheers!',

for our main course a pork fillet, 

  with potatoes and onions, I thought it was just me, but Diana agreed, it was the most tasteless piece of meat we have both ever eaten in our lives, the word bland does not do justice to the word bland, totally and utterly no taste at all,

so the cats will get a treat tonight, an extra meal,

 'what did you say?' we listen to music until the midnight hour, then we were off to bed.


No comments: