Monday 11 December 2017

What Is It With Me And Electrics?

on Sunday a yellow/orange warning light,



 appeared on the alarm panel, a call to the alarm company resulted in the engineers calling back to say they would call round on Tuesday to see what the problem was, I posted the blog but occasionally the computer screen would go black, leaving just the cursor that I could move with the mouse but on a black screen, switching the computer off and back on again did not help, in fact it made it worse because the screen stayed black all of the time, so technicians are calling round hopefully on Tuesday, two electrical problems in less than 24 hours! in the evening switching on the Christmas tree lights they went off and on, repeatedly, accompanied by a fizzing sound when they were on, looking at the sealed plug that the lights came with I could see an electrical arc inside it, where I guess a cable in the plug had broken, the plug was shorting out, electrical problem number three! of course normally when I open a drawer there is always a lose plug in it, but not this time when I wanted one, so I found an unwanted cable and used the plug from that, what is it with me and electrics?

after our evening meal we settled down to watch Interstellar, the story takes a bit of getting use to, but great special effects, we followed that with a black and white classic,

The Hustler, made in 1961, great acting from all concerned, it seemed late, but the clock by the television read 10.10, I mentioned it to Diana who had a close look at the clock and her telephone, it was past midnight, the battery in the clock had stopped, the curse of electrical problems has struck again! I am posting this on the lap to which, you have guessed it, has started to play up, it refuses to let me import pictures from my camera in a way that I can make them smaller, so it takes an age just to upload one, for that reason and a few other minor problems it has I am only making this one post today, hopefully after the technician calls round and the PC is repaired all will be back to normal, and with that we were off bed.


No comments: