Monday 23 April 2018

I Enjoy Looking At Photographs,

it gives me hope that I can somehow improve my skills,


 and these I thought were extremely nice,

 but of course I was fooled!

 they are not photographs at all,

they are paintings by Scott Prior,

 who lives and works in Northampton, Massachusetts, where he has been a resident since 1971, he was born in Exeter, New Hampshire,



“Whether painting the figure, a landscape or a still life, it is the quality of light that makes his work distinct,” the gallery says. “Light itself is his main subject matter. He uses objects and settings that are instantly familiar while avoiding the exotic or foreign. Consequently, his paintings have a strong relationship to our everyday life.”all I know is I wish I could take photographs as good as these paintings, or better still paint with the skill of Scott Prior.


No comments: